TW3 12-inch Subwoofer (400 W, dual 8 voice coils)
Building on the core technology of our TW5 thin-line subwoofers, the TW3's deliver a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability. In fact, they are capable of greater excursion than the W3v3's.
To allow this remarkable feat to be achieved, JL Audio's patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the TW3's using a "concentric tube" structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
TW3's are optimized for small enclosures and offer our tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints. We know you're going to love working with these amazing Subwoofers.
Deep, powerful and accurate JL Audio bass is now possible in more applications than ever.
Technology Dynamic Motor Analysis - DMA Optimized Motor
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- "concentric tube" architecture
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory with global components
JL Audio's proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis system is a powerful suite of FEA-based modeling systems, first developed by JL Audio in 1997 and refined over the years to scientifically address the issue of speaker motor linearity. This leads to vastly reduced distortion and faithfully reproduced transients... or put simply: tight, clean, articulate bass. Engineered Lead-Wire System (U.S. Patent #7,356,157)
Carefully engineered lead-wire design and attachments ensure controlled, quiet lead-wire behavior under the most extreme excursion demands. Tab-Ear Frame Design
This frame design feature facilitates mounting the Subwoofer in tight spaces. Concentric Tube Suspension
Our Concentric Tube Suspension technology delivers unprecedented excursion in a low-profile woofer. Built in U.S.A. with Global Components
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.